A redirect allows you to make one domain redirect to another domain, either for a website or a specific web page. For example, you can create a redirect so that www.example.com automatically redirects users to www.example.net.
1. Login to cPanel to accomplish this task.
2. Navigate to the “Domains” section and click on “Redirects” .
3. Select a redirect type from the Type menu. This can either be Permanent or Temporary.
Permanent (301) – This option notifies the visitor’s browser to update its records.
Temporary (302) – This option does not update the visitor’s bookmarks.
4. Select a domain name from the “https?://(www.)?” menu, or select **All Public Domains** to redirect all of the domains that your cPanel account controls.
5. In the next text box that starts with “/”, enter the rest of the URL that if visited, the users will be redirected to another URL. For example, if you wish to redirect http://example.com/example.html to another URL, enter “example.html” in this text box.
6. In the field “Redirects to”, enter the URL to which you wish to redirect users. Please note: You must start the URL with a protocol. For example, http://, https://, or ftp://.
7. Select the option for “www. redirection”.
Only redirect with www. – This option only redirects visitors who enter the www. prefix before the domain name part of the URL.
Redirect with or without www. – This option redirects all users, regardless of whether the visitor enters the www. prefix before the domain name part of the URL.
Do Not Redirect www. – This option does not redirect users who enter the www. prefix before the the domain name part of the URL.
Please note: The interface disables the www. redirection option if you select **All Public Domains**.
8. Select the “Wild Card Redirect” checkbox if you wish to redirect all files within a directory to the same filename in the new directory. For example, if the “Wild Card Redirect” option is enabled and example.net redirects to example.com, then a visitor who tries to access the http://example.net/image.jpg URL will be redirected to the http://example.com/image.jpg URL.
9. Click on the button “Add”.