You first need to login to WHMCS admin dashboard to accomplish this task.
1. Hover on “Setup” on the menu tabs at the top, and navigate to “Products/Services“, hover on it and another submenu will appear. Select “Servers“.
2. If you are accessing “Setup” for the first time since you the time logged in, you might have to input your admin password for security purposes.
3. Now click on “Add New Server” button.
4. It is now time to add the server details. The page has 3 sections. We will begin with the “Add Server” section. Give your server a proper server name. This will be visible to your clients. Input the server hostname as well as it IP address. If you have a dedicated IP address for your WHM account you can input it here. If you have several assigned IP address there is a textbox to fill that. Please fill one per line. The other three fields are for your own management purposes. You can input the server monthly cost, the datacenter where this server is located and maximum cPanel accounts that you want to create in your WHM. You can always come back to this page to enable or disable your server.
5. The next section is to fill in the nameservers. Please note that you need to have registered this nameservers with your domain registrar first. If your domain is registered with us, you can easily do that from our client area. If you have difficulties doing this, you can open a support ticket with us.
6. The last section is to fill in the WHM server details. First select cPanel as the type of the server.
7. Once you select cPanel as the type of the server, some new fields will appear. These are; an API Token field and a section for Single Sign-On for users. You should now input the WHM username and password. The API token field can be a little bit confusing for new users. If this is a challenge for you, we have outlined a simple procedure below:
i). Login to your WHM using your username and password. The link for WHM panel is usually your domain then add “/whm”. For instance, if your domain is example.com, then to navigate to WHM panel, input this on your browser’s address bar: “https://example.com/whm”.
ii). Once in the WHM panel, navigate to the left sidebar and look for “Development” section. In that section select “Manage API Tokens“.
iii). Click on the “Generate Token” button
iv). Give the API token a name and decide the privileges that it will have. We recommend to have all checked. Then save your changes.
8. Take your token and head back to WHMCS. Paste it to the API token field.
9. Then decide who will have the permission for a Single Sign-on to the server.
10. Save Changes. We recommend you to create a group and add the new server to the group. This is how to create the server group:
i). Go to the servers configuration page and select “Create New Group”
ii). Decide the name of the server group. How to fill the group. This can be to add to the least full server first or to first fill the active server then switch to the next least full server. Then add the server to the group.
That is all. Good job 🙂